Bayramınız mübarek olsun! Lütfen, geçen yıl bu okuyunuz.
Tonight is Kadir Gecesi (“the Night of Power”), the night when tradition says that the first Qurʾānic revelation was given to Muhammad. If you are interested, I hope you will enjoy my post on this subject from last year.
First of all I hope you never need to use these words, but since you can’t decide when and where to get sick or hurt, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- medicine (the field): tıp or doktorluk (the ending -lUk forms abstract nouns, kind of like the English -ness)
- medicine (medication): ilaç
- doctor: doktor or hekim
- nurse: hemşire
- hospital: hastane
- ill (adjective): hasta
- illness: hastalık
- injury: yara
- injured: yaralı
- “I am ill”: hastayım
- “I am injured”: yaralıyım
- “Where is the hospital?”: Nerede hastane?
- “I need a doctor”: Bir doktora ihtiyacım var (“I have need of a doctor”)